The position requires chemists who are able to work both independently and within a team environment on one or more production processes with minimal supervision and obtain quality results. Responsibilities include adhering to strict product procedures and timelines, maintaining a clean and safe workplace, inventory maintenance, and positively collaborating with other Production Chemists. The focus is on the production of multi-kilo processes.
Hours:– Full-Time, salaried, (40 – 45 hours/week), Monday – Friday
Requirements:– Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry.- 1-3 years of industry-related experience.- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural team environment.- Demonstrate organizational skills.- Ability to multi-task and problem solve while still meeting required deadlines.- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
– Follow established company SOPs and Batch records in the production of an assigned process.
– Meet product development timelines.- Maintain, clean, and repair equipment assigned to the product production.
– Maintain running inventory of consumables including but not limited to solvents and intermediates.
– Perform in-process controls including production documentation and its strict adherence to company procedures.
– Prepare reports as required for interim and final production levels for the Production Manager.
– Position follows and adheres to all company, local, state, and federal regulatory agency requirements.
– Ensure that all activities are conducted in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner.
– Experience working with reactors, stills, and centrifuges.
– Appropriate use and technique of NMR, HPLC, MS, GC.
– Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals; technical procedures, or government regulations are required.
-Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
– Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.