This position requires chemists to work on the production of intermediates in a variety of applications. This role will perform the production in a kilo lab setting using specific procedures and batch records under the guidance of the supervisor to ensure high-quality production. Chemical knowledge and troubleshooting skills are essential in this role.
What We Do Here:
We are a chemical research and manufacture company located in Champaign, IL. We generate innovative products for the chemical industry, among others. Our products include high-purity monomers, CBD intermediates, biological drug intermediates, etc. We have a very energetic, passionate, and diverse team. This is a tight-knit, fast-paced company where everyone is an critical member in operations and essential to building our business. Unlimited opportunities can be found here.
- Full-Time, salaried, (40 – 45 hours/week), Monday – Friday
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a science related area.
- Must be able to handle 55-gallon drums and powdered bags up to 60lbs on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrate organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve while still meeting required deadlines and working independently.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Follow established company Standard Operating Procedures and Batch records in the production of an assigned process.
- Meet product development timelines. In some cases, chemists will need to stay until reaction is complete.
- Operate production equipment such as 72 L to 200 L reactors, filters, and 20 L rotavaps and 50 kg mechanical centrifuge.
- Maintain a clean work environment by cleaning production labs, general production areas, equipment and glassware following specific procedures.
- Disposal of various hazardous chemical waste in a safe and environmentally correct manner according to local, state, and federal laws.
- Prepare reports as required for interim and final production levels for Production Manager.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner by following safety protocols established by the company.
- Matching 401K plan
- PTO Time
- Medical insurance
- Life Insurance policy provided by the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Champaign, IL 61822: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)