Synthetic Organic Chemist
The position requires an experienced chemist that is able to work both independently and within a team environment on a project with minimal supervision and obtain quality results. Responsibilities include adhering to strict project timelines, maintaining a safe workplace, and positively collaborate with Research and Production Chemists. The focus is on bench chemistry for both production and research & development for multi-step processes.
– Full-Time, salaried, (40 – 45 hours/week ), Monday – Friday typically
– Must have a Ph.D. in chemistry.
– Must live and be authorized to work in the U.S.
– No sponsorship is available for this job.
– Must be able to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
– Demonstrate problem-solving abilities working on multi-step synthesis.
– Experienced in multi-step (>8 steps) synthetic sequences.
– Use of standard analytical equipment (e.g. NMR, HPLC, GC).
– Experience in milligram – multi-gram (>100g) reaction scale.
– Excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills.
– Self-sufficient, driven, and eager to succeed.
– Performs routine and non-routine chemical analysis.
– Sets up and simultaneously performs multiple laboratory chemical reactions and formulating experiments of various types.
– Safety, health, and environmental excellence.
– Maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment.
– Chemistry proposals and development.
– Custom development and kilo scale synthesis of fine chemicals.
– Meet product development timelines.
– Sample development and production for specific customer needs.
– Ensure that all activities are conducted in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner.
– Experience in milligram-multi-gram (>100g) reaction.
– Experience in process chemistry and process development.
– Strong tendency toward collaboration and innovation.
– Experience with multi-parallel synthesis is a plus.
– Able to perform with minimal written or verbal instructions in a timely and efficient manner.
– Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Please submit both a resume and research summary.