Position requires a chemist to perform analytical testing and follow established procedures of both incoming and outgoing chemicals and products used by or manufactured by the company. This role will be responsible to create, establish and maintain proper protocols and procedures for validations and calibrations of equipment and the releasing of raw and finished material including the issuance of Certificates of Analysis. The goal for the Quality Control department is to perform, track, and report analytical services to our internal processes, as well as to third parties in an accurate and timely manner.
Full-Time, salaried, (40 – 45 hours/week), Monday – Friday
The ideal candidate will possess a BS in Chemistry with a minimum 2 years of pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry experience.
· Assures and documents the quality of products acquired for manufacturing, as well as the products produced and sold to customers.
· Takes initiative in planning and implementing improvements consistent with the long-term goals of the Quality Control department and company.
· Designs tests to meet customer and company needs and priorities while in coordination with the Project Manager.
· Method acquisition from literature, method development, and method verification.
· Analyzes samples with techniques such as NMR, HPLC, MS, GC, KF, and Wet Chemistry methods.
· Responsible for performing calibrations, performance verifications, and minor repairs of all analytical equipment.
· Develops, recommends, maintains, and enforces documents in ISOXpress including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, SOPs, and batch records.
· Prepares and issues the Certificate of Analysis for all products/projects.
· Packages customer orders and coordinates with the Shipping Manager to ensure the proper paperwork accompanies the package.
· Tracks product inventory and conducts quarterly inventory audits.
· Knowledge of Microsoft products and a working knowledge of Chemdraw, Scifinder, & Analytical Systems Software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:Champaign, IL 61822: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Laboratory experience: 1 year (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Quality control: 1 year (Required)